OK, it's an unpaid commercial, but well worth watching:
Putting aside politics for the moment, here are some thoughts for Mother's Day, in the form of a Christian message to men. I have found these principles very helpful over the years, although I've had failures at times.
HUSBANDS, HONOR YOUR WIVES
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself up for her." Ephesians 5:25 (NASB)
1. Realize that motherhood is a greatly demanding job, not at all less difficult, and generally much more so, than your own, whether your wife works outside the home or not.
2. Be creative in providing your part of rearing your children, and in relieving your wife of some of her burden.
3. Realize that failure to understand and help your wife to be a good mother is a failure as a husband and father.
4. Get together on discipline and don't resolve your differences in front of the children.
5. Provide spiritual leadership for your family. Don't expect anyone else to do it if you won't. God will hold you accountable. Teaching your family about Jesus Christ is not only your privilege, but your responsibility. Help them to understand the Gospel. First, be sure you understand it yourself.
6. Never think of parenthood as anything less than a primary responsibility.
7. Rejoice with your wife and children in their successes.
Rule 5 Sunday: Hyundai Race Queens - — compiled by Wombat-socho It’s time again for our weekly break from politics and celebration of God’s creation, especially the part of it that’s young, fe...
8 hours ago